Loans for Energy Efficiency
Suffolk Greener Homes % Loan scheme
The Greener Homes Loan Scheme offers loans of up to £5,000 at 0% APR to help homes cut their energy use. Loans are available for energy saving measures such as insulation, boiler upgrades and renewable energy systems. Loans are only available for the installation of approved materials and technologies by accredited installers.
There are two types of loan available. Short term loans (2 to 12 months) of up to £1,000 for smaller improvements such as insulation, and long term loans (1 to 3 years) of up to £5,000 for more expensive measures such as renewable projects.
The following measures will typically be supported:
- Solar PV panels and associated efficiency equipment (immersion switches, battery storage)
- Solar thermal
- Air source heat pumps
- Ground source heat pumps
- Domestic wind turbine
- Biomass boiler
- LED lighting
- Loft and floor insulation, cavity wall fill, internal and external solid wall insulation
- Double and triple glazing
- Electric vehicles and charging points
- Water conservation measures (e.g. rainwater harvesting)
To apply for a loan call the Eastern Savings & Loans Credit Union on 01473 690690 and quote ‘SEAL' or visit their website to find out more. Examples of the typical re-payments can be seen in this leaflet.
Suffolk Carbon Reduction Loan
A 0% Loan of up to £5,000 for measures that deliver clear carbon reductions in businesses and community groups. Find out more about this loan here.