Home Energy Help
Suffolk Energy Action is a service that provides funding and advice for energy efficiency home improvements such as loft & cavity wall insulation and heating improvements. It’s backed by Suffolk’s county, borough and district councils.
- Suffolk Energy Action is paid for by the national Energy Companies Obligation (ECO), householder contributions and central government grants (Suffolk councils are not paying for it) and complements the existing Suffolk’s Warm Homes Healthy People service.
- The Government has recently given Local Authorities the ability to identify vulnerable households in their areas which could benefit from these improvements via a new scheme called ECO Flexible Eligibility. Improvements are often fully funded where the household meets particular criteria and is at risk of fuel poverty. To find out more visit ECO Flexible Eligibility Scheme.
- Suffolk's Councils are working under contract with Aran Services Ltd and Cornerstone (East Anglia) Ltd to deliver improvements under this scheme.
Interested in insulation or heating improvements? Have another question for us?
Support from the Warm Homes Healthy People service is available for older and vulnerable people to keep warm in winter and offer help accessing winter fuel payments.
Warm Homes Healthy People helps vulnerable people and families make their homes warmer, and cheaper to heat. The service can provide the following help for eligible residents in Suffolk:
- Fuel payments paid directly to your heating supplier
- They can lend you electric heaters and assess you for financial assistance towards the cost of repairs or replacements if your boiler or heater stops working - this is subject to funding availability and eligibility criteria apply
- An independent surveyor can be arranged to visit your home to discuss energy efficiency improvements that could make a real difference to your heating bills, if you own or privately rent your property.
- The project can also access grants to help pay for insulation and basic draught proofing.
The Warm Homes Healthy People fund is designed to support those most in need of additional help through the winter months. Anyone who has a vulnerable relative or neighbour is urged to help them find out more about what support and assistance might be available to them. Call the helpline number 03456 037686.
Suffolk Climate and Energy Helpline - 0800 02 88 938
A helpline available to all Suffolk residents, providing free, independent advice and information on ways to save energy at home, and in the community, helping you to save money on your energy bills, and reduce your household carbon footprint.