Support and Advice to Businesses around Renewable Energy (SABRE)
SABRE Celebration Event
SABRE held its end of project celebration event in August 2014. Speakers spoke about the project's achievements, the business experience and further business support on offer.
To download the SABRE Project's evaluation report click here.
SABRE Case Studies
|SPECIALIZED PRINT||VALLEY FARM
||JOHN GOSDEN||SACKERS RECYCLING|
|KINDWATER||DENNY BROS LTD|
SABRE offered small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs)/social enterprises (SEs) in Suffolk the opportunity to discover their potential to generate renewable energy by providing them with independent and impartial support and advice on investment opportunities created by Feed-in Tariffs and the Renewable Heat Incentive.
The project supported 120 businesses or enterprises over three years. Everyone who took part in the project received:
- A free independent and impartial Renewable Energy Feasibility Review.
- Further free support and advice on renewable energy if requested.
In order for businesses to take part they must have already undertaken some work to reduce their carbon footprint and have made some commitments to improve their environmental performance. Examples of how businesses were eligible included:
- Completed an environmental audit with Groundwork Suffolk and undertaken some of the recommendations to reduce their carbon footprint.
- Achieved the Suffolk Carbon Charter at any level, Bronze, Silver or Gold.
- Implemented an Environmental Management System (such as ISO14001, BS 8555 etc).
- Worked with another organisation to reduce their carbon footprint
Read our Frequently Asked Questions.
SABRE was a three-year partnership project between Groundwork Suffolk and Suffolk County Council on behalf of the Suffolk Climate Change Partnership and is part-financed by the European Regional Development Fund.