Funding for Innovative Projects to Make a Meaningful Impact on the Environment
The £1 million fund which is spread across three years and offering individual grants of up to £150,000 is open to UK registered companies, charities, not-for-profits and academic institutions.
Grants of up to £150,000 are available to UK registered companies, charities, not-for-profits and academic institutions.
To be eligible, projects must:
- Reduce the environmental impact of packaging, batteries or WEEE (waste electrical and electronic equipment) through innovation or research.
- There is particular interest in ideas that could go on to have a bigger impact beyond the funded project and the proposed idea could reduce the environmental impact across any part of the life cycle - from design, production, use or collection through to reduction, reuse or recycling.
- Innovation could include an innovative awareness campaign, technology, initiative, process, trial or material, for example.
- Research could include academic or industry research into improving existing systems, processes, infrastructure, technology, consumer behaviour or material use, for example.
- Have a measurable impact. Applicants must be able to measure and report on the impact of their project.
- Be completed within 12 months of receiving the funding. Funds will be released in May 2020 and the project should be completed by May 2021.
- Be unique. There is particular interest in new ideas and approaches that can help solve existing problems.
- Be UK based. Those leading the project and the project itself must be based in the UK.
The project could be led individually or collaboratively with other organisations to plan and deliver it.