All across the county people are doing their bit to help Suffolk become the greenest county.
Get involved and find a group near you with our new map!
By reducing their energy and water use, insulating their homes, generating renewable energy, cycling to work, composting, recycling, growing fruit and veg. or shopping locally - you name it, someone in Suffolk is doing their bit.
Latest Offers for Community Groups and Parish Councils:
- Declare your neighbourhood a low carbon zone and help promote the Green Deal and ECO insulation grants.
- Startup grants and advice for renewable energy projects from the Rural Community Energy Fund.
- 100% grant funded electric vehicle charging points for homeowners.
- Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive announced - see newsletter for more information.
If the above map is not currently working here are some links to some inspiring green projects and community groups in Suffolk.
- Beccles Lido
- Sustainable Bungay
- Sustainable Bury
- Cookpole Energy Action
- Debenham Growing Greener
- Greener Fram
- Transition Ipswich: 30 Mile Food Challenge
- Halesworth in Transition
- Transition Lavenham
- Transition Nayland (one of the UK’s first community owned solar PV arrays!)
- Greener Sax
- Stutton Green Energy
- Transition Sudbury
- Wenhaston Green
For further info and to access these offers, please contact:
Community Advisor, Suffolk Climate Change Partnership
Tel:01473 264595 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org