All across the county people are doing their bit to help Suffolk become the greenest county. By reducing their energy and water use, insulating their homes, generating renewable energy, cycling to work, composting, recycling, growing fruit and veg. or shopping locally - you name it, someone in Suffolk is doing it!
Latest Offers for Community Groups and Parish Councils:
- Declare your neighbourhood a low carbon zone and help promote the Green Deal and ECO insulation grants.
- Startup grants and advice for renewable energy projects from the Rural Community Energy Fund.
- 100% grant funded electric vehicle charging points for homeowners.
- Domestic Renewable Heat Incentive announced - see newsletter for more information.
- Grants of up to £10,000 available from the Creating the Greenest County Fund for carbon reduction projects.
For further info and to access these offers, please contact:
Community Advisor, Suffolk Climate Change Partnership
Tel:01473 264595 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For support with local food projects, please email: email@example.com
We will shortly be launching an interactive map so you can quickly find out what is happening near you. In the mean time, here are some links to some inspiring green projects and community groups in Suffolk.
- Beccles Lido
- Sustainable Bungay
- Cookpole Energy Action
- Debenham Growing Greener
- Greener Fram
- Transition Ipswich: 30 Mile Food Challenge
- Halesworth in Transition
- Transition Lavenham
- Transition Nayland (one of the UK’s first community owned solar PV arrays!)
- Greener Sax
- Stutton Green Energy
- Transition Sudbury
- Wenhaston Green