We can provide free support to your business or organisation to optimise your low-carbon impact, through Eastern New Energy. We will give you the information you need to take effective actions to reduce your carbon emissions through our independent expert advice.
Eastern New Energy (ENE) will help local Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), people, organisations and communities across the region to rapidly decarbonise by understanding and removing the barriers which prevent decarbonisation and a zero-carbon economy. Whether you are an SME, individual, organisation or community group wanting to decarbonise your energy use, or supply and create low-carbon products or services, we are here to help you.
Decarbonisation can also provide many benefits beyond mitigating the impact of climate and environmental change. These include, reduced energy costs, increased competitiveness in a low-carbon economy and improved social corporate responsibility, amongst others.
The support we provide is bespoke to each individual enterprise and can include;
- Identifying opportunities to reduce carbon emissions
- Site/ building specific reviews (inc. efficiency, generation and storage)
- Reducing your energy or resource demand
- Improving energy efficiency/ undertake an energy efficiency review
- Identifying potential renewable energy or smart energy systems
- Developing policies and measures to decarbonise
- Suggesting ways of achieving Net-Zero, Zero-Carbon or Carbon- Neutral
- Other business specific support
We can also support you to develop low carbon products or services by:
- Assessment of new low carbon products or services
- Identifying and reducing carbon footprints
- Carbon lifecycle assessments, extending product lifecycles
- Identifying training of staff to deliver low carbon services, with other measures
- Identify investment in technology to help deliver low carbon products or services
- Identifying market for and accelerating low carbon products or services and entering new markets
- Process innovation
- Other business specific support
We provide all our services for free. To find out in more detail what we can offer you, see our prospectus HERE
To find out more, get in touch with Chris Mussett using the details below.
Phone: 01473 264941
Interested in learning about Carbon Literacy? Watch a recording of the ‘Introduction to Carbon Literacy’ webinar on Youtube here, it is 1 hour and 16 minutes long and was recorded in February 2022. The webinar, delivered by ENE and Robert Smith of the University of East Anglia (UEA), provided an explanation of the causes and impact of climate change and explained the concepts within key carbon literacy areas. Robert is responsible for calculating the carbon reduction impact of the Low Carbon Innovation Fund’s portfolio of investments and leads on Decarbonisation within the UEA’s Innovation Funding Team.
The ENE project is working across the region with 20 other partners including, universities, local authorities’ and organisations specialising in low carbon services as part of a £10.2 million project lead by the University of East London. Find out more about ENE.
The ENE project will be receiving funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
For more information on the ENE project’s privacy and data protection notice visit https://www.uel.ac.uk/sri/eastern-new-energy/privacypolicy.