Bulky Waste

If you need to dispose of large household items, there are several options available to you:

Donate to charity

Good quality furniture and household goods can be re-used by local charity shops and community organisations, helping local people and the environment. Some of theses organisations may be able to collect from your home. Items such as sofas, easy chairs and beds must carry fire safety labels. For more information visit our charity page.

Offer your unwanted item on a re-use website

If your items are still in good condition, you could advertise on a re-use website such as Freecycle, Freegle or Gumtree.

Take your goods to a Recycling Centre

Most bulky items can be taken to one of our Recycling Centres where you can donate for re-use or they can be recycled.


Bulky Waste collection service in your area

Your district or borough council offer a chargeable collection service for large items. Charges vary according to where you live - follow the link below to your local area for more information and to arrange a collection.

Babergh District Council

Mid Suffolk District Council

Ipswich Borough Council

Forest Heath District Council/
St Edmunsbury Borough Council

Suffolk Coastal District Council

Waveney District Council