Community Support Officer:
Suffolk Climate Change Partnership employs a full-time Community Support Officer, Claire Ling. Her role is to support communities and community groups in their efforts to tackle climate change, helping them support our county’s aspiration of reaching Net Zero by 2030. Claire is able to provide:
- Signposting to grants & funding
- Providing access to practical and specialist support
- Help prepare successful funding applications
- Making connections with potential customers
- Networking opportunities for groups to share their experiences
Claire has supported communities with:
- Attendance to a Climate Action Day showcasing Suffolk Warm Homes scheme.
- Participant in community Energy efficiency evening for local homeowners.
- Presenting Community Support Officer role SCCP to green group AGM.
- Visiting and supporting sustainability groups in energy efficiency of community buildings such as village halls.
- Supporting submissions for the Suffolk Climate Action Match Funder.
- Support around project planning and community engagement.
- Thermal imaging projects for communities
To contact Claire direct please email email@example.com
Keep in touch:
We have an active community network with over 170 different groups, parishes and individuals all working towards making the Suffolk the Greenest County. To join this network click here.
We also have a dedicated Facebook group for our Community Network. We post very regularly about opportunities, shared best practice, training and more. You can request to join us at facebook.com/greenestcountycommunitynetwork.