In November two exciting events are taking place to bring together community groups who are working towards tackling climate change and the Suffolk wide ambition of net zero by 2030 at a grassroots level.
These events will enable community networking and connecting for groups, stakeholders and parishes that are working for environmental change whether that be energy efficiency, pro-environment and biodiversity, decarbonisation, greening your locality, instigating community energy or climate change awareness – as well as so much more.
Save the dates, and visit the links below:
East Suffolk – Saturday 4th November, 10:00 -14:00, Saxmundham Market Hall.
REGISTER HERE for East Suffolk
West Suffolk – Wednesday 8th November, 10:00 – 14:00, Unitarian Meeting House Bury St Edmunds.
REGISTER HERE for West Suffolk
About the events:
- Wherever you are located you can attend either day. It is planned that a range of stakeholders from the Local Authority and voluntary sector will also be invited. Some community groups will host stands showcasing their initiatives and projects. These will be area relevant but still of great interest for everyone from all over the county.
- Due to venue size, there will be limited numbers. But venues will hold 100 or so attendees, so there will be an enormous opportunity for connecting with one another.
- Please send representatives rather than whole groups so that we can widen the reach as far as possible. We will always let you know of spare places.
If you would like to know more about these events please contact Jess.Miller@suffolk.gov.uk or Claire.Ling@suffolk.gov.uk. A report will also be available following the event.
Please join the community database and Facebook page via the below links if you are not already part of them. They have been created to assist likeminded community groups to share news and ideas, events, and projects as well as network:
- The Creating the Greenest County Community Network Facebook (private) page. Join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/greenestcountycommunitynetwork/
- The Community Network is a platform for connecting community groups working towards carbon net zero and environmental/eco initiatives. The community network has a newsletter sent via email every other month which aims to update, network, showcase, and share events such as the thermal imaging camera project.
Here is the consent form for the database so we know what you are involved in and what projects you might be considering in the future: https://forms.office.com/r/gh315GyqBT