This event has been listed as part of East Suffolk Business Festival but is open to all businesses across East Anglia.
Robert Smith of the University of East Anglia (UEA) is responsible for calculating the carbon reduction impact of the Low Carbon Innovation Fund’s portfolio of investments and leads on Decarbonisation within the UEA’s Innovation Funding Team.
In this engaging webinar, Robert will provide a high-level explanation of the causes and impact of climate change and introduce and explain the concepts within the following key carbon literacy areas:
- The concepts behind climate change science
- Explain the “Earth’s Carbon Budget” and it’s relevance to capping global warming to 1.5 degrees Celsius
- What the Science Based Initiative is and the pathway to “Net Zero”
- Overview of how climate change is impacting us both globally and in the East of England
- Introduce the key elements of carbon footprint measuring and how organisations can estimate theirs
- How to decarbonise as an SME
Decarbonisation can also provide many benefits beyond mitigating the impact of climate and environmental change. These include, reduced energy costs, increased competitiveness in a low-carbon economy and improved social corporate responsibility, amongst others.
This session is available to businesses and organisations across East Anglia and brought to you by Eastern New Energy with delivery from UEA Consulting Ltd. We can provide free support to your business or organisation to optimise your low-carbon impact, through Eastern New Energy. For more information about the support we can provide to you click here.
To register for this online event, please click here.
The ENE project will be receiving funding from the England European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds Growth Programme 2014-2020. For more information visit https://www.gov.uk/european-growth-funding.
For more information on the ENE project’s privacy and data protection notice visit https://www.uel.ac.uk/sri/eastern-new-energy/privacypolicy.