The fund is now open for applications for 2024
This fund is designed to assist charities, community interest companies, parish councils, voluntary groups and other not for profit organisations who wish to deliver carbon reduction projects that contribute to Suffolk’s Climate Emergency Plan and our work towards a net zero Suffolk. The fund will support up to 50% of costs (up to a maximum of £10,000) for applications demonstrating that others in the community support the project in the form of contributions from a minimum of two other sources (not including your own funds) to make up the remaining project costs.
What can we fund?
- Promoting walking and cycling
- The use of sustainable/recycled materials
- Raising awareness of climate change through events and campaigns
- Energy projects
- Bike to school buses
- and more!
To be able to demonstrate support from community sponsors, it is recommended that applicants use one of the many community fundraising platforms available online. Whilst we cannot advise you which one will best suit your project, there are many available. The value of time committed by volunteers in the delivery of the project can be counted towards the 50% funding you need to raise; more information is found in the guidelines below.
How does it work?
- Plan your project.
- Seek funding from others in the community.
- Submit a simple online Expression of Interest (EOI). If we think we can support your project, we will issue you with a conditional letter of intent to provide a grant, which may help you secure the remaining funds you need.
- Once you have reached at least 50% of your total project costs, comprised of donations from multiple unique sponsors, complete and submit a final application form to formally request a grant from us.
The Suffolk Climate Action Community Match Fund only has limited resources each financial year so do contact us early on if you are considering applying.
If you are developing an idea and need some advice please contact David Walton, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please refer to the Suffolk Climate Action Match Fund guidelines before submitting an expression of interest or a final application.
Fill out the online Expression of Interest Form.
The Suffolk Climate Action Community Match Fund is provided by Suffolk’s public sector organisations as part of its work to address the climate emergency.